Mirror's Edge


Mirror's Edge Catalyst


So I was able to play Mirror's Edge for the limited 6 hours for the trial version.  Unfortunately I only played for about 2 hours before I had to stop and didn't make it back for the remaining 4.  So, I don't feel I can accurately say 5 things I like and dislike about the game, but I can get you a run down of my initial thoughts.

To start I really enjoyed the game.  It had a unique story line and characters and even though it was the second game of the series I felt there was enough information given at the beginning that I didn't feel I was missing anything.  As far as the controls went, it was hard for me to make the switch to using bumper and trigger buttons as part of the mobility.  However by the end of playing I was able to at least not fall off the buildings.  There were a few hiccups when it came to movement transitions and you really didn't feel like you where moving that fast.  I did like the fighting though.  It felt fast and unique as far as using the environment to help and hurt your opponents.  I was only able to complete a few of the missions before ending.  My overall first impression would probably rate in the 7-8 out of 10 range.  I think given more time it may have been a solid 8 or higher.

Comments

Popular Posts