A Return to Overwatch



A Return to Overwatch


I decided to mix things up this weekend, and I had a really good time!  It started with a free weekend of Overwatch, but part way through I noticed I had an email sitting in my Xbox inbox. Turns out when I pre-ordered TF2 they sent me a code for a free month of EA Access.  So that will open the realm of games for a little bit.  So far I've played (just for a few hours) Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Star Wars Battlefront.

So anyway, back to Overwatch.  Not surprisingly the game was still crazy fun and I spent about 3 hours playing it before I turned it off, sadly out of frustration.  Not so much because I was getting it handed to me, but because I kept experiencing "error starting game" messages, extremely long load times, leaving a game and then a game randomly starting while I'm trying to look at my players upgrades and unlocked items.  There were many games where I would be 5 or more minutes into the game and it would get dropped.  It also seemed to lag in a few areas.  A good example is Ana's tranq gun.  I'd have it powered up, hit the button and there was probably a good 2 second lag before she'd pull it out and fire it.  On the more positive side of things, I felt that the nerfing that was done to a number of characters ended up being a good thing.  Bastion was still greatly OP but what do you do.  He's a tank so you just had to adjust when someone used him.  Still though 9/10 times the play of the game would go to a Bastion camping and unloading on people.  Overall, I was very happy with the game play, but disappointed with the server issues.

Comments

Popular Posts