Return to Previous Games


A quick return to former reviewed games


Return to Doom!
I was finally able to play the first level of Doom campaign and I will say, it was pretty friggin awesome!  I really enjoyed the pace, the secretes, the scares, the glory kills, and the weapons.  The weapons did still feel a bit wonky but overall they weren't bad.  Sadly I still probably won't buy this game till it is on sale simply because I still don't like the multiplayer aspect.

Return to Titanfall!
I still love Titanfall!  With that said though, I returned to playing it the last couple of days and found a few things that I didn't really like.  First outside the normal issues, I didn't like how the attrition game play placed you with people far beyond your skill level, or a random group of people against a team of people.  The generation system is fun, but not when I'm a level 1 gen 2 fighting two gen 5s and a gen 10 with a couple of Gen 1 team mates.  Stepping outside your spawn point and getting destroyed before you can get anywhere ruins the game.  I also found that after playing Overwatch I really craved that required team aspect a bit more.  Hard point battles may end up being in my future.  Hopefully with the new Titanfall 2 coming, frontier defense can be a team vs team option.  Destroy the opposing teams reactor first or something like that.  Similar to capture the flag yet more for a fortify and team defense situation.

Return to Overwatch!
Not much has changed in the realm of Overwatch.  I haven't gotten to return to the game play since the Beta but I have watched numerous videos, and I'm now noticing that players previously OP are now being nerfed.  It also appears as though the freedom to allow everyone to be one character has opened up a few fun matches of all one character vs a team of all another character.  From what I can tell this is what a game should be. Fun and flexible.  Enjoyable and able to be played by all.

Return to Gears!
After playing the Beta, the new everything is a bit underwhelming.  I was hoping for bigger changes I guess.  I did however see the campaign game play at E3 and that looked much much better.  Again the environment comes into play, and it even appears as though your teammates don't just take up space but actually go on the attack.  I was happy to see Marcus Phoenix back and will probably buy this game for the campaign as well as the multiplayer campaign mode option.

Return to Battleborn!
There was no return to Battleborn.  I will not probably purchase this game unless it comes free on xbox live or i see it super cheap at Gamestop or a garage sale.

Comments

Popular Posts